Located next to Clear Creek in a mature ponderosa pine forest, the Clear Creek Sno-Park provides access to approximately 87 miles of groomed snowmobile trails and 19 miles of ungroomed cross-country ski trails (map). These snowmobile routes connect the south end of the Wallowa Mountains with the Hells Canyon National Recreation Area to the east. Six loops of cross-country ski trails are rated from easy to most difficult. A circular parking area surrounds the sno-park area which has 2 vaulted toilets and a three-sided log shelter with a picnic tables.
The snowmobile trails are maintained in partnership with the local clubs, and the Sno-park is plowed under an agreement with the Oregon Department of Transporation. A State Sno-Park permit is required to use this facility in the winter season.
The sno-park is a day-use site and overnight camping is not allowed as per 36 CFR 261.16 (e).
- Schneider Meadows 5400 ft
Search & Rescue
Panhandle Snowmobile Club
From Halfway, Oregon travel north the Cornucopia Highway (Main Street) to the Fish Lake Road and take a right; on the Fish Lake Road go 3.3 miles to the Clear Creek Road and turn left; following the turns travel 3.1 miles on the Clear Creek Road to the site. The entrance to the Sno-Park is on the right side of the road.
To get to Halfway from Baker City, Oregon travel north on Interstate 84 for about 1.5 miles; At exit 302 turn east on State Highway 86 and travel 54 miles to Halfway.
Sno-Park permits are required in designated Sno-Parks from November 1 – April 30.
- You can move a Sno-Park permit from one vehicle to another.
- You can use California and Idaho Sno-Park permits in Oregon.
- You can use Oregon Sno-Park permits in California and Idaho.
- You may get a fine for parking in a Sno-Park without a permit.
- Annual Sno-Park Permit (November 1 – April 30) – $25*
- 3-Day (consecutive) Sno-Park Permit – $9*
- Daily Sno-Park Permit – $4*
*Agents may charge an additional service fee.
To become a Sno-Park Parking Permit agent, call 503-945-5052.
You can buy a permit at:
- Permit agents in resorts, sporting goods stores, and other retail outlets issue all types of permits.
- Get an annual permit online at DMV2U – includes printable interim permit to use immediately.
Note: Sno-Park permits are NOT REFUNDABLE.